CAS Documentation – Service

Refereeing for the GHFRA (Gladesville Hornsby Football Referees Association)

Refereeing level:  Level 4
Days Refereeing: Saturday and/or Sunday
Season Starts: 13/4/19
Season Ends: 15/8/19

Games go for one and a half hours.

Goals:

1. Do more games per week to satisfy enough service for the community

2. Build endurance to do more games on the weekend

3. Go over rules every week to make sure refereeing is accurate.

Game 1 (13/4/19)
3:00pm
AA/5
RDP
EEW
E.L.S. Hall 1
Ref: Shoryu Das-Zaman 3129
AR: Aren Migdisyan 3449
AR: Jules Gobran

Game 2 (14/3/19)

10:00am
U12/5
MCS
NRS
Waterloo Park
Ref: Jules Gobran

Game 3 (14/3/19)
1:00pm
AA/10
NRS
NER
Magdala Oval 1
Ref: Peter Molloy 2123
AR: Patrick Boyle 3729
AR: Jules Gobran

Game 3 Reflection

This game was one of the most interesting games I have to referee in a while. Firstly, the ground seems to be dry and hard which would lead the ball to be very bouncy. The quality of the players on the field was very good and some great goals were scored. Since of the abuse received over the year, our association has placed in a system where the player is sent off to the bench if guilty of dissent by action or mouth to the referee and/or his/her assistants. (O5) This is called a temporary dismal (TR). In this game, one player from NER for dissent and I agreed with the decision.(O1+2+4) On my own performance, I thought I am really improving as aa referee as I am now not bias towards the crowd or a specific team and do not take dissent from players. I use my flag well in terms of clearly communicating with the referee. 

Game 4 (14/3/19)
3:00pm
AA/11
NRS
LEA
Magdala Oval 1
Ref: Brian Peck 3273
AR: Patrick Boyle 3729
AR: Jules Gobran

Game 5 (8/6/19)

1:00pm
O45/3
NRS
WPH
North Ryde Oval
Nikolai Paxton 3107
Jules Gobran
Patrick Boyle 3729

Game 6 (8/6/19)
3:00pm
AA/11
STA
NRS
North Ryde Oval
Nikolai Paxton 3107
Jules Gobran
Patrick Boyle 3729

Game 6 Reflection:  
This is now around the halfway mark for this season for refereeing for the GHFRA. I have enjoyed my refereeing season so far. I found this game really interesting to the sideline. NRS gained a 3-0 by just after the half time point of the game and then STA nearly stole the game from NRS with the final score being 3-2. (O1 +2) Upon reflection of the game, I thought my endurance was great thus being one of my goals so I can gain endurance especially since doing another game before this game. (O4)I have also improved on my calls by taking my time before making a call and this has made me a better referee. I have now not been biased towards a team because usually (O6)I have been biased because of the abuse of the crowd but now I know to improve to be a better referee I need to block out the crowd and focus on making the game fair to play and watch. Overall, I thought I am doing well since marking the halfway point of refereeing season.

2020 Season