On Sunday the 26th of May 2019, I participated in the Salvation Army's Red Shield Appeal, going around door knocking to raise money. The day started at 8 a.m. in which we grouped up with another Newington student and two students from MLC. From this we split into pairs within the group. We then proceeded to go down our given section of Earlwood.

Whilst many individuals weren't home at the time of knocking, we left notices that we had been there. Those who were their gave donations most of the time and the giving from this event were generous as individuals opened their hearts and their pockets for charity. After collecting all the money, we arrived back at school at 11:00 a.m. and counted the money, receiving a sausage sizzle for lunch.

The event ended with us making around $180 dollars as a collective group. The event whilst also helping individuals it gave me a better understanding of the diversity of Sydney, as I live in a well off neighborhood, I was exposed to another end of Sydney that was different from my own. I also believed I developed greater communications skills from interacting with the community and the door knocking approach to fundraising. Along with this resilience was developed as we weren't always given the most welcoming approach and was turned down most of the time, however we still persevered through and ended up collecting a large sum of money for the Salvation Army.