Our prototype was subject to extreme scrutiny, and we like to think, we proved the haters wrong. In reality, we didn't.

Our prototype was poorly constructed - a very clear mish-mash of ideas and different pieces of timber. This resulted in an unstable, ineffective trebuchet. We also experienced difficult being able to fit our weight into the box, as the width left once the timber was in limited our ability to do so.

However, we learnt several valuable lessons. Our main trebuchet, so far, has been far better planned and much more stable, and we are hoping this will continue into the testing stages.